Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Cant rewind film in zenit Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Cant rewind film in zenit « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Northerngal33
Tinkerer
Username: Northerngal33

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 02:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have recently purchased a zenit 12 and though i am getting the hang of taking pics (it is my first slr) i cant rewind the film i have already snapped one film i have followed the info in the manual but the film has gone really tight and i dont want to force it am i doing something wrong, any advice will be really appreciated as this film has the bairns easter bonnet parade on it and it is his first one and i would be devastated if i lost the pics please help

Canuck_curt
Tinkerer
Username: Canuck_curt

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 06:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
I'm hoping it's only because you haven't used the rewind release properly. In the 12 series Zenits there is a small half moon shaped cutout beneath the shutter release button. You'll see a chrome collar around the release button. Push down the chrome collar to release your film for rewind. Hope this is the case here.

Northerngal33
Tinkerer
Username: Northerngal33

Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 03:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks for the reply, i have been doing that but it seems as though it is stuck fast and wont rewind at all can it be fixed at a camera shop and will it be worth getting fixed i didnt pay much for the camera

Pdc5680
Tinkerer
Username: Pdc5680

Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've found this to be the most fiddly part of a Zenit. Try pressing the shutter release and while it is depressed turn it anti-clockwise to lock it down.
Next try pressing the shutter release and the chrome collar at the same time. The one thing not to do is use brute force.
You will find lots of advice of operating Zenits (and if necessary dismantling them!) at www.xs4all.nl/~tomtiger. The help you'll get there is far far better than the instruction book.
For free instructions you can really use, go to http://www.butkus.org/chinon/russian/zenith_guide/zenith_guide.htm

Nalasicnarf
Tinkerer
Username: Nalasicnarf

Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 08:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eureka! found the 1/2 moon shaped cutout. Gave a shot of fine oil and it works like a beaut. An Ebay bought zenit ET; though I had a dud. Thanks to you blokes I now have my faith in russkie gear reinforced-no nonsence, simple, rugged.
Can't thank you enough; hope this helps others.
Alan Francis

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration