Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax Super Program Shutter dial bal... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Pentax Super Program Shutter dial ball bearing location « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Morgan
Tinkerer
Username: Morgan

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 03:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Folkes, any pentax experts get a chance to read my post 4/1/07 about the ball bearing location...still can't figure how it goes in and am hoping to be able to put it back together.

Morgan

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 16

Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 05:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This might help -- it's a copy of the service manual:

http://www.pentax-manuals.com/markroberts/superprog_man.pdf

Morgan
Tinkerer
Username: Morgan

Post Number: 4

Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 05:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I appreciate the diagram but I tried that before the two problems I have are: 1, the diagram either shows the bearing ABOVE the shutter plate which if that were the case it wont work because there is no pressure on the spring to keep the shutter dial in it's rspective position(lock auto M 125 and bulb)
2, the diagram shows the bearing sandwiched between the dial and plate BUT the two pieces wont sandwich because the ball diameter is large and it wont compress to sit flush.... there must be somthing I am not seeing properly!

Thanks, Morgan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration