Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Bronica Etrsi prism finder Paint repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Bronica Etrsi prism finder Paint repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Walt795
Tinkerer
Username: Walt795

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 02:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Bronica Etrsi in mint condition exept for the prism finder. While repairing the corner of the top leatherette in the process of removing the holddown tape, the top layer of the paint peeled off under the tape exposing the ground coat. I would like to repaint this side of the prism finder to match the black finish. I am considering using automotive paint and would like to get suggestions regarding what paint,what process and how to apply and finish to match.

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 31

Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 02:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The original is what's known as powder paint. The paint is applied to a heated surface. You can get powder paint in small quantites from Cabellas sporting goods since it's pretty much the same stuff used on fishing lures. I've never used it for camrea touch ups but did use it on other applications.

Otherwise you can use plain old acrylic glossy paint like Krylon spray that can be brushed on, but matching any paint will to teh existing be a real job and never look right.

Walt795
Tinkerer
Username: Walt795

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 05:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you for the information. The powder paint from Cabelas needs to be baked on I think. This would be impossible for the prism finder. Do I have to resort to auto spray paint? Please let me know if the powder ccan be applied otherwise.
Walter

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration