Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya 645's how far do they go back?... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Mamiya 645's how far do they go back? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kismuth
Tinkerer
Username: Kismuth

Post Number: 17

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 08:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been working on some mamiya 645's and some have very deteriorated light seals and other's look quite good. Is this a model that they've stayed with for a long time? When did they start with this model and are they still making it (low cost alternative?)? And what about the rz67 and zb67?

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 16

Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 07:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The mamiya 645 went from about 1975 to 1987, the rb67 was close can't say if they are still manufactured or not the 6x7 was a work horse but a bit bulky compared to a used blad..Don

Ben_hutcherson
Tinkerer
Username: Ben_hutcherson

Post Number: 37

Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 05:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Mamiya website indicates that the RB67 Pro SD is still in production. In any case, the current RB67 Pro SD was introduced in 1990.
I'm pretty sure the RZ is still in production, too. If Mamiya would see it fit to keep the RB going, surely they would also keep the more technologically advanced RZ going also.

Mamiya is still making the AF version of the 645-I'm not sure whether or not the lenses and so forth are compatible with the older manual focus, though. They're supposed to be coming out with a digital back, although, from what I understand, it's been vaporware for several years now.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration