Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Lens testing projector Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Lens testing projector « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lensfan
Tinkerer
Username: Lensfan

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 06:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have read that a useful tool for testing camera lenses is a "Lens testing projector". The idea being that a very fine reticule/test chart is projected using the lens and defects can then be identified.

Has anyone of this group ever had experience with a lens projector? I have seen one on e-bay (Item No 280102834934).

Has anyone on this group made their own lens projector? If so I would be very keen to hear how you did it and any recommendations.

Thanks From,
Henry.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 244

Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 08:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

no, i haven't, but it sounds like a good idea. you could make one from an old camera body and a light source, if you had a fine enough reticule to place in the film plane.

Pablomartinez
Tinkerer
Username: Pablomartinez

Post Number: 53

Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you want a fine reticule, go to the used parts bin that sits on the side of the color copier in your office and look for them. They are called "corotrons" and all the color copiers have them. Its a piece that measures about an inch wide and about a foot long. Its made out of metal and they are sharp as a razor blade.

Lensfan
Tinkerer
Username: Lensfan

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 10:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found these reticles that might be good for a projector.

http://rolynoptics.thomasnet.com/viewitems/reticles-and-test-plates-reticles-tes t-plates/test-patterns?&forward=1

Henry.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration