Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Disassenbly/repair schematic for Agfa... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Disassenbly/repair schematic for Agfa Ambi Silette? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arnoldharris
Tinkerer
Username: Arnoldharris

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In addition to my collection of Voigtlander Vitessa-T 35mm rangefinder cameras from 1956-1959, I have turned my attention to Agfa Ambi-Silettes of the same era. These are truly nice examples of the old rangefinders, with good interchangeable lenses and quality Synchro-Compur shutters.

Does anybody have access to a disassembly/repair schematic or service manual for the Ambi-Silette?

Of the six Ambi-Silettes I have bought to date, two have mechanical issues. I'm hesitant about digging into complex camera equipment without some sort of printed or online reference.

Somebody must have serviced these over the past 50 years. What technical literature is available? I already have copies of the user's manual, and that tells one nothing about servicing these cameras.

Arnold Harris
Mount Horeb WI

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration