Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Any idea what type of camera was in t... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Any idea what type of camera was in that last harry potter movie? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer
Username: Fallisphoto

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 01:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Been driving me nuts. I don't think it's a Univex, or a Kodak Jiffy. It looks awfully familiar, but can't quite put my finger on it.

Spazoid1965
Tinkerer
Username: Spazoid1965

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 08:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many of us have never seen a Harry Potter movie, Nor will we. Could you provide a link to a photo of a scene from this movie showing this camera? We can't Idenify that which we haven't seen.

Kkl122002
Tinkerer
Username: Kkl122002

Post Number: 12

Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 01:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you mean that the one which show in Ch.3 (I guess)?

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 09:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can't find a photo of the scene, but it looks a lot like one of the old Kodak Vest Pocket 127 cameras, but with red bellows and bigger. The thing was absolutely beautiful, and I want one for my collection, but I can't find out what it is.

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 7

Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 09:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It was in the "Goblet Of Fire" movie. Looked like something Jurgen Kreckel might have done.

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 51

Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 09:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Red bellows sounds a lot like a pre-WW1 Kodak - have a look at these beasties:

http://www.eastman.org/fm/brownie/htmlsrc/index.html#E130.00327

I found one on a market stall, the bellows were so good to the eye I wondered if they were a modern replacement, but with hindsight I doubt that. Hopefully I'll get home tonight and find the prints from the first roll on my doorstep, see if it works as well as it looks.

They are not small - mine is a No2 Folding Pocket Brownie Model B, and it's about the same length, height and depth when opened as a modern DSLR - some pocket!

They seem to like their old cameras - remember the Argus C3?

Adrian

Pablomartinez
Tinkerer
Username: Pablomartinez

Post Number: 63

Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do not thisk is one of those. You can see the camera on this trailer http://-a.movietrailersrock.com/video/28330/harry-potter-and-the-goblet-of-fire. html after 1 minute 56 seconds. It's only a moment, but if you stop the trailer, you will see that the camera does not look real. The lens is enormous and it has a strange three steps piramid on top.

My guess is that if you want one, you have to make it!

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 8

Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 05:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pablomartinez: Yep, now that I look at it (didn't get to see it that well in the movie either), it seems like a Graphlex box camera with a bellows and scissors struts attached. That's a shame. I was hoping it was a real camera. Looks like something Jurgen Kreckel might have collaberated on with Rube Goldberg!

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 9

Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 05:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Adrian:

That wasn't it. Nice cameras though. Another member found a trailer of the movie with the camera in it and I think it is a seriously modified (to the point it won't take photos) Graphlex box camera. I was remembering those scissors struts against that red bellows.

Do I remember that Argus C-3? Yep. I've got two of them, with the accessory lenses. The one in the movie was a Matchmatic -- the one with the odd shutter speed and aperture markings and the "champagne gold" leatherette that is nearly impossible to match. There was also a Graphlex Speed Graphic in the same movie.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration