Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rollei 35S- Sticky lens Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Rollei 35S- Sticky lens « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Orion
Tinkerer
Username: Orion

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 06:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I just got a decent looking Rollei 35S off Ebay with "smooth focusing" as said. However the distance setting ring turns only between 0.9m-3m, not further (3m-infinity). I wonder if any of you know how to fix this problem. I tried to ask the seller, silence so far. Would not trust the only local camera repair man as he could not fix some of my lenses before. Thanks.

Acolla
Tinkerer
Username: Acolla

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 05:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can download the Service Manual here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/26058675/Rollei_35_Service_Manual.pdf.html

Have fun!

Orion
Tinkerer
Username: Orion

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 07:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Acola: Thanks mate. I looked through the service manual and was afraid to disassemble the beautiful camera as I did not know where to get lubricants and glues to put everything back. I forced the focusing ring gently back and forth around 3m mark, nanometer by nanometer for almost 1.5 hours and managed to get to infinity mark. A little disappointed after the first roll of film as it's not so sharp like my Canon FD gear w 50mm prime lens, and paralax is a real problem for close up. Besides it's so easy to release the shutter accidentally while trying to move the lens barrel out and in as the 2 buttons are so close. HOwever color is beautiful and the shutter is almost noiseless, and it's so convenient to take it anywhere. BOth Canon FD and Rollei 35 s cannot make such good pictures like my brick Mamiya C220. I am learning photography the hardway I guess.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration