Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canonet Repair Parts Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Canonet Repair Parts « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jonasc
Tinkerer
Username: Jonasc

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 06:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
First time poster and a newbie to working on classic cameras. I recently bought a Canonet, the early version with the film advance lever on the bottom. The camera is having some problems with the Electronic Eye function. The scale inside the viewfinder seems to be loose. It seems someone has had the top off and the screw on the side with the shutter button is missing. This is causing the top cover to move around and this may be most of the problem. So my question is where can I obtain this screw? I have use a loupe and the threads all look good, no nicks or burrs.

Thanks to all in advance.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Qaeng
Tinkerer
Username: Qaeng

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I recently plopped down $2 at a local junk store for a non working point and shoot camera. My hope was to be able to salvage at least ten usable camera screws. I got 75 out of it. The application I was trying to match took a fine thread screw and most of my salvaged lot were coarse and of a similar diameter. I eventually I found one that would run in without binding. Maybe it's an exact match/ maybe not. But it was an easy and inexpensive solution for me.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration