Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

What if the compur shutter.... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » What if the compur shutter.... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kkl122002
Tinkerer
Username: Kkl122002

Post Number: 16

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 07:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a very old camera using Compur shutter. Its is a tlr, but I don't know it's band name. This camera takes very good pictures so I keep it in normal use.

But the problems comes. The shutter sometimes clicks and sometimes not. When I use the cable, it cames the same problem too.
Can any one tell me how to fix it?

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 276

Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 02:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

99% sure it needs cleaning. It matters somewhat which camera it is, but only with respect to how you get to the shutter to get started. There are a number of good sites on the Web to help you work through it. Mine is not the best, but it's the one that I know how to tell you where to look, so I'll start you in that direction and invite anyone else to offer alternatives:

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-55.html
http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-158.html

Look through all of it, follow the links etc and try to get as good an idea as possible what you're dealing with before plowing ahead. You'll need small screwdrivers, cotton swabs, maybe some pointed tweezers, steady hands and a bottle of cigarette lighter fluid to get the job done.

Kkl122002
Tinkerer
Username: Kkl122002

Post Number: 17

Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 07:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have read some articles before, people said they need to reset the shutter. Do I need to do it in my case?

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 282

Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 08:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not sure what that means. If you can clean the mechanism without having to remove the timing gearset, then there should be nothing needing readjustment.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration