Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Agfa Optima Sensor Electronic Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Agfa Optima Sensor Electronic « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 73

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 05:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently won of these and am putting a roll of film through it. One charateristic puzzles me - the lens seems to have a silvery appearance. I think this is not due to haze but the fact that the shutter blades do not have a dark finish (anodize or phosphate finish?) like most cameras but are left with a silvery tint. Can anyone verify my hunch or am I just wishful thinking?

Caecaoculus
Tinkerer
Username: Caecaoculus

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 05:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Charlie.
I did compare the Agfa Optima Sensor Electronic to the almost identical Optima 1535 (rangefinder version). The 1535 has black shutter blades and a multi-coated lens, while the Optima Sensor Electronic seems to have a single coated lens. The 1535 doesn't show the silvery lens color, but my Sensor electronic lens looks exactly like described by you.
One question to you: I can't manage to see any aperture blades moving when I slide the aperture ring, do you know why? - Maybe mine is broken?

Cheers,
Ralf

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 74

Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 06:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ralf,
I'm not sure what you mean by the aperture ring. My Sensor Electronic has an ASA film speed selector and the focusing ring. On some other cameras I can see a sliding set of holes over the light sensor as I vary the ASA setting but on my Sensor it is difficult to see anything. I am just finishing the first roll of film so in a week or so I should know if all is OK.
Good luck,
Charlie

Caecaoculus
Tinkerer
Username: Caecaoculus

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 01:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Charlie.
Yes, you are right. - I found a manual. The "aperture ring" is only used for flash shots, so everything is set automatically by the electronic Paratronic shutter.
There's a ND filter over the the CDS cell which changes according to the selected ASA setting.
Have fun with it,
Ralf

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration