Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

My mirror doesn't move--Ricoh KR-30sp... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » My mirror doesn't move--Ricoh KR-30sp « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cybrian
Tinkerer
Username: Cybrian

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Be warned: I'm a newbie to these things. My uncle bought me a Ricoh KR-30sp and it worked for a short while (about 1.2 rolls of film) and then the mirror stopped moving. The shutter works, but the mirror doesn't go down. If anyone could help me with it, I'd REALLY appreciate it. My uncle said that it probably was a foam pad needing to be replaced or it could possibly need some lubrication. If anyone can help me I'd REALLY appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 287

Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 04:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is an all-electronic camera. Have you tried replacing the battery? If that goes dead, everything locks up.

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 47

Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 08:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick: does this have a foam mirror shock pad that can gum up? Don

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 288

Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 12:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It does, but that will not jam the mechanism: if the mirror is stuck to the foam, the shutter will cock and fire normally but the mirror will stay up. Also, if the mirror is just stuck to the foam you can gently pull down on the front edge of the mirror with a fingernail and it will come free and work normally. If the mirror tries to go back up when you let go of it, you have a more serious problem (which probably is beyond the value of a KR-30SP to repair).

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration