Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashicamat LM winder repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Yashicamat LM winder repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Camfan
Tinkerer
Username: Camfan

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 02:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I'm attempting my first camera repair on a yashicamat LM. I've fixed the shutter using the recommended lighter fluid clean process.

I'm now trying to fix the winder,the winder will wind on the first part of the roll to frame 1, then it will cock ok, i can release the lock on the winder and it will allow me turn it part of th e way forward but not enough to allow another full frame.

Does anyone have any suggestions or information?These winders do seem problematic.

Thanks in advance, Dan

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 46

Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 08:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Dan: Yes the Yashica mat has a bit of a troublesome advance mechanism, Again it can be it needs cleaning and lube, To get at the wind gears you first have to remove the wind-crank to do this take a thin nail or drift and push the pin out of the wind handle, It goes in one way ,You have to remove the leatherette to access the plate cover screws,the older leatherette is quite brittle and usually breaks, also once you remove the plate cover screws check to see if the strap clip has to be removed,Remove the plate note that there is a gear at the left top that likes to come off, and there is a spring loaded dog or cam that keeps the wind sprocket from going backwards, The counter on the top right gets dirty or gummed up and messes with the spacing, Don't take it apart just clean it ,now also there is a two tooth moving mech that gets worn check it ,it goes up and down with advance and release of the shutter it should slip past the other half when you release the shutter,once you cla the wind, put the gear back in place with the one way dog and replace the plate with about 4 of the screws and insert a test film and temporally put the wind lever back on and test.. it may seem hard but it is fairly easy just time consuming. Good luck Don

Camfan
Tinkerer
Username: Camfan

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 01:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Don, i've given it a clean and put it back to gether, working ok, but unreliably. Might have to keep working on this one, although i suspect its just plain worn out.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration