Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica s3, minolta hi-matic 7sii and ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Konica s3, minolta hi-matic 7sii and vivitar 35es wire replacement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alxmonkey
Tinkerer
Username: Alxmonkey

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any one out there have any idea how I can replace or find info on how to replace a corroded wire leading from the cds cell to the battery on any of the models above? My problem is that the cable runs from the battery compartment and into the lens assembly and comes out at the opposite side and at the top as apposed to the bottom were it goes in. I'v done some research and looked at the internals and apart from minor differences they all seem the same, but I need and want to get my camera working again.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 155

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 09:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, if I remember that issue correctly the wiring is similar to that of the Konica 35 auto. What seems a bit frightening at first is possible; replacement requires the removal of the front panel plus taking apart the lens barrel, depending on how seriously the rotting away of wire(s) actually is.

Quite recently there has been a lengthy debate over the real reason for this strange phenomenon of cable rot which should no longer simply be called "black wire corrosion" as it also befalls red or yellow wires, so the trade term for this should be "black rotting of black, white or differently coloured insulated copper flex". If you decide to open up your camera to put in new wires, check all (!) the old ones carefully to find out about the bad ones.

I have done that on Konicas, wires must not be too thick and the work one has to do includes soldering (battery box, CdS cell, variable or fixed resistor, light meter), W.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration