Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Removing Rolleicord Va Focus Knob Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Removing Rolleicord Va Focus Knob « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ben_hutcherson
Tinkerer
Username: Ben_hutcherson

Post Number: 51

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 08:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'd like to swap the cosmetically very nice focus knob from my parts Rolleicord Va to my not as cosmetically nice but functional user Va.

This is the later larger type knob with the film speed dial and black outer ring that's located on the left side.

I've managed to get the film speed indicator off, but for the life of me, I can't seem to get the dial off, nor can I see any obvious way for it to come off.

Can anyone provide any suggestions as to how to go about removing it?

Thanks,
Ben

Lucas
Tinkerer
Username: Lucas

Post Number: 18

Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 09:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

wouldnt you need to swap the side plates as well for the larger depth of field scale on the side panel that goes with the larger knob ?

Lucas
Tinkerer
Username: Lucas

Post Number: 19

Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 10:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, misunderstood, you want to swap identical knobs. I think you did most of the work already. There should be a retaining nut visible in the center keeping the dial on the axle. You need to grind or file out the center of a screwdriver to make a U form to clear the axle that sits in the center of the nut and unscrew the nut.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration