Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujica 35 SE Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Fujica 35 SE « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roger
Tinkerer
Username: Roger

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 07:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has anyone experienced a stuck shutter with this model? I am reluctant to open this till I know what I am looking for.

Turnergande
Tinkerer
Username: Turnergande

Post Number: 14

Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 09:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roger,

Possibly the shutter blades are stuck with oil & crud which is rather common with lens shutter cameras.

Here's some revised comments I once shared with a repair guy regarding my own Fujica 35:

Before I could spin off the front lens cell (with a rubber stopper), I had to first spin off the outer chrome filter ring. I then placed the camera body on the carpet, pressed down hard on the outer rim of the lens cell with a larger rubber stopper, and finally managed to loosen the lens cell with a hard twist. That front cell was on real tight!

The shutter blades on my Fujica 35 subsequently cleaned up quickly (using naphtha) and all speeds now appear to be very accurate. I guess long-term inactivity & warm conditions can often stick the blades in place even with very little apparent oil or crud on them.

If this drill fails to free up your shutter then maybe your camera's shutter mechanism requires additional cleaning. That can get far more complicated, by the way, than a blade cleaning. A Google search might yield details about the blade cleaning technique and the Citizen shutter used in various Fujica 35 series cameras. Better yet, maybe someone in this forum has this specific information to share! Nice well made cameras are those Fujicas!

John_scott
Tinkerer
Username: John_scott

Post Number: 5

Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 07:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The stuck-shutter-blade-syndrome is a common problem that has been discussed many times on this forum.

Basically, don't squirt in too much lighter fluid, or you will cause new problems. A little goes a long way. Don't use tissue that will leave lint in the shutter. Cleaning the front side of the blades might be enough to free the shutter, otherwise clean the back side, too. If you drip fluid onto the rear lens elements, then you will HAVE to remove the rear lens group for cleaning.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration