Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Agfa reflecta DIAMATOR AF advances au... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Agfa reflecta DIAMATOR AF advances automatically « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Johncr
Tinkerer
Username: Johncr

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 09:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Agfa slide projector advances continuously without pressing any buttons. The button I expected would activate the slide change lever is now the only way I can stop the automatic advance. I have to keep it pressed to view a slide. Also, the rocker button that activates the focus motor does nothing. On verifying the focus motor function, it turns forwards and reverse when 3 volts is applied swapping + and - leads. I checked the components on the circuit bord above the lens except for what appears to be an emitter (IR perhaps) and the photo receptor plus what appears to be a small circular filter. I presume these two components are part of the auto focus system. Perhaps either one or the other is faulty and this is the reason the projector advances automatically when power is applied. If this is the case, I do not know the correct procedure to check them or what the replacements are. I also removed the lens and found a long rectangular metal strip about 3 1/4 inch long and 1/8 inch wide with a rectangular slot at one end lying loose at the bottom of the projector case below the lens. As I do not have a service manual and no luck finding one on the Internet, I do not know where this part came from or belongs in the projector. Any help would be appreciated.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration