Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh G Light Seal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Ricoh G Light Seal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andyn
Tinkerer
Username: Andyn

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 06:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bought a Ricoh G on ebay. All appears to work well but the light seals have been completely removed (presumably because they were all gungy). This means I have no guide to where to put replacements. Could someone please post (or point me to) some shots of the inside of a restored or good condition Ricoh G so that I can see where the seals go. Many thanks in advance. Andy

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 168

Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 07:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This Japanese repair site (http://kans1948-web.hp.infoseek.co.jp/restore25.html#ricoh500gx) shows you where the deteriorating foam left its traces on the back of the camera body (pic1) and also where the foam has to be put (pic2). The complete article is about the 500 GX which practically is a face-lifted improved G, W.

Andyn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's brilliant, thank you. My interpretation of the pictures is that the only light seals are on the door itself. Is that correct?

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 169

Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 11:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, that is right, the material to use must not be too thick and should be lint free, like thin black felt or that kind of foam used for mouse mats, W.

Tlrodriguez
Tinkerer
Username: Tlrodriguez

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yo can find in this site complete instructions to reseal your Ricoh 500G http://www.ukcamera.com/collect/ricoh_reseal.html

Andyn
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 02:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's great, thanks to both of you for your help. Gives me just what I need. I have some material left over from another job, just need to find some time and patience at the weekend. It's such a cool looking camera, I'm looking forward to having it sorted so I can use it! Kind regards, Andy

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration