Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Adjust Range finder of the Voigtlande... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Adjust Range finder of the Voigtlander Prominent. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kkl122002
Tinkerer
Username: Kkl122002

Post Number: 33

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I opened the top cover plate this morning. I see 3 holes with the screws of the range finder below it. 2 of the screws have indicators on the plate. I think it means the vertical and horizontal movement.
However, the screws are too tight. Is there any possible way to loosen them?

Kkl122002
Tinkerer

Post Number: 34

Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 05:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually,
I just need to know how to loosen the screw. I can handle the rest.

Kkl122002
Tinkerer

Post Number: 36

Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 12:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK. I finally fixed it.

Kkl122002
Tinkerer

Post Number: 41

Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 11:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know that someone may have the similar problem as mine, so I will post my method here. My English is not good, so if you don't understand, please ask me. I will try my best to answer. But Note : this is for Prominent version I series only. And it takes very long time to do this job, so please be patient.

Prepare different size of screw remover (from 1.4mm to 3.0mm). The screw inside need a larger size of screw remover.
Screws used in this camera are in parallel form with Flathead .
It is advised to add small amount of lubricant to the screw and wait for a short period of time before you are going to loosen it . The screws are are extremely tightened.

The RF set intro :

1. Open the name plate of the camera. If your Prominent have flash socket , remove it. There are 2 copper string under the flash socket. Keep it well and don't loose it.
The screws of the name plate are different ( For the version that has flash socket).
NOTE : You need to use different size of screw remover to remove it.

2. After the name plate has been removed, you will see 3 holes and 1 screw. That screw is used to tighten the top cover. You don't need to loosen it.

3. The 3 holes, 2 of them were marked with arrows in vertical and horizontal direction respectively. Each of them have a screw inside.

4. There is one of them is not marked and just below the horizontal arrow one.It is a lock screw for locking the whole set of RF and prevent any changes.

However, when you loosen it or tighten this screw, it will change the Horizontal adjustment. THAT is NORMAL! SO, when you find that the horizontal adjustment was correct and it become FAULT after tightening the lock screw. THAT is NORMAL and UUSUAL.
NOTE : SLIGHTLY a turn CAN make BIG CHANGES !

5. The one marked with horizontal arrow is for horizontal adjustment. Note : during you turn this screw, that part of range finder component may move at the same time. It is usual and NORMAL.
NOTE : SLIGHTLY a turn CAN make BIG CHANGES !

6. You will find there are 2 screws inside the whole that marked with vertical arrows. I have not tried it. So I don't know what they are and what they mean. Please do tell everyone if you know.

http://hk.share.geocities.com/kl12_2002/DSC01772.JPG

For horizontal adjustment :
**Before adjust, you need to turn the focus ring to infinity position. **

1. Loosen the lock screw A LITTLE. (TO me, turn about 2 to 3 degree is enough) If you loosen too much, the WHOLE SET of Horizontal component need to be reseted.

2. You may now carry horizontal adjustment by turning the screw under the hole marked with horizontal arrow. Turn it, depends on the situation. (NOT more that 2 degree is enough for a little adjustment.)

The component of Horizontal may move during you apply force on turning the screw. But it doesn't matter.

3. Tighten the lock screw. Then Check it from the RF to see whether the image has been aligned . If not, then redo the previous steps. It may need a little luck, or chance to finish that.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration