Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleiflex T Shutter/Aperture adjustm... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Rolleiflex T Shutter/Aperture adjustment problem. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arnold
Tinkerer
Username: Arnold

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 04:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This Rollei T (Tessar f3.5 75mm) started to get very stiff on the lever that changes the shutter speed and aperture at the same time. I have managed to take the facia off following the suggestions found in an excellent discussion in the archive here, and adjusted the retaining ring that hold the shutter/aperture control disks, so they move freely with nice click stops. When I put it back on the camera body though, it seems to get very tight again, perhaps from the friction against a metal ring that surround the taking lens. The retaining ring end up moving and become very tight again with just a few up and down movement of the lever. How do I stop this happening?? Also, it is rather tricky to put the face back with the flash synch socket in the way, can that be put back after the face is is secured, to snap it back in between the wire spring that keep the flash cord in place? It seems Rollei T's are very different beast from other Rollei TLR's. Thanks in advance. Haru

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration