Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax K1000 issues & a broken Five S... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Pentax K1000 issues & a broken Five Star lens. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mollycules
Tinkerer
Username: Mollycules

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 07:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, so.

I recently purchased a Pentax K1000 off of eBay, of which came with a 35mm-75mm Five Star Macro lens.
First issue: Film.
So, I used a roll of film with 24 poses. I brought the film to be developed, and only 14 pictures came back to me. So, I used up another roll with 24 poses, and still only got 14 pictures back. I don't know if I am loading the film wrong, or if it is the camera thats messed up, or if CVS One-Hour photo is at fault.

Second: The lens.
While taking a picture with the Five Star lens, I was zooming with it and the lens came apart into two pieces in my hand. It sounds as if something is loose in it, like a metal ring. I called around to camera places near me and they all told me that nothing could be done with it.

As you can see from my long rant, I am having multiple issues with this camera. Some advice/help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration