Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon fg-20 film door can't b opened.... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Nikon fg-20 film door can't b opened. Help! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Uniqua97
Tinkerer
Username: Uniqua97

Post Number: 14

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 12:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was trying to fix my FG20, it had a bad rewind know and I was trying to make it better, by using some parts from the cameras in my collection. I removed the rewind knob and it also made the shaft which you pull out to open the film door also come out. and by mistake I closed the film door. I can not find any way to open it.

In short, I=how can I open the film door of FG20?

Thanks,

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 318

Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 08:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get a crochet hook... if you don't have one in the house, bend the end of a paper clip into a very small hook. Reach this into the hole where the rewind knob used to be, and feel around the edges for a ledge that you can pull up. Whenever you hook on something, pull up, if it doesn't move try again around the inside of the hole. Soon you'll find the right spot and the back will release.

Uniqua97
Tinkerer
Username: Uniqua97

Post Number: 15

Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 09:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rick,

Thanks one more time.
Can I damage anything? should be very careful or relatively harmless process?

Regards,

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 319

Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 02:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's pretty harmless, the only thing in there to snag is the door latch. if you use a paper clip you might scratch some paint if you're careless.

Plck1973
Tinkerer
Username: Plck1973

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 08:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tried this method on my FM2 and it worked. The catch for the FM2 is on the left side of the rewind knob, in the middle. I used a paper clip and luckily no scratches.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration