Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica FX 70 Quartz How top removed? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Yashica FX 70 Quartz How top removed? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Planonick
Tinkerer
Username: Planonick

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 01:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

garage sale FX 70 seems okay BUT the hot shoe is
unscrewed! maybe someone has been inside before? I have removed all top screws, winder, ASA ring, etc. BUT NOT the off/auto SW and shutter button which SEEMS to be holding top on, as top elsewhere is now very loose. Tried CW, CCW and pry and no budge. How do those 2 items come off to safely remove cover without C4? (to get to the 4 screws that hold the shoe. Yes, first timer on camera autopsy. Nick

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 39

Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 02:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The switches still in place remain with the top as you remove it. Sounds like all that you have left is the shutter button which unscrews counter clockwise. If you have a piece of rubber such as a stopper you may get it out with that. If not, try a tweezers at the outer edge of the button, used as a wrench. That will always get it. Any marks left on the plastic of the button can be removed with fine sandpaper.

Planonick
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well disaster. I tried gentle CCW and then with more force and broke the switch and it still did not come off. camera now junk box for parts with cover still on. swell

Planonick
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HOW IT IS DONE..The camera is ruined so with nothing to loose, for others to know, is how it is done. There are numerous screws visible to remove the top or cap or cover. The winder plastic cover pops off and under it there is a screw that turns CW to remove it. There are small spanner type ring/nuts to unscrew with hobby sized pliers or proper tools, as is obvious. That leaves the shutter button, it has a plastic ring around it, and the function SW knobs. ALSO there is a rearward facing, right side, black button like plastic cover. That rear cover-button prys out easily, I could not find any threads. remove the now visible screw AND ALSO a small chrome ring unscrews from the cap/cover. it would seem to be unecessary but until I removed it the cap would not come off. The cover was then getting pretty loose. The shutter button has an middle rim ring of plastic and using a very small needle nose plier it will be removed with back and forth twisting. I saw no threads with a magnifying glass. I assume a press fit. THEN the shutter Button itself and nothing but the button and certainly NOT the function SW knob, etc. can be unscrewed CCW. Under it is 2 screws. From that point on you are home free and the cover comes off. The switch is on the camera not in the cap. Sure enough the four screws that held the shoe on were rolling around loose. But the camera's switch finger stock and a piece of SW's plastic gear tooth snapped off in prior efforts - thus this part ruined the cause and camera were lost.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration