Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon A-1, No exposure display in Vie... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Canon A-1, No exposure display in Viewfinder. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gump
Tinkerer
Username: Gump

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 04:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there, I am a newbie here. Found this forum searching for an answer to my current problem.

Canon A-1, suddenly while taking a series of pictures, the exposure display in the viewfinder stops working. Although the shutter will still operate.

Performed the battery check, LED flashes somewhat quickly. I am going to get a new battery just the same.

Do you think it is just the battery or might I have a bigger issue???

Krp
Tinkerer
Username: Krp

Post Number: 40

Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 05:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You didn't by chance turn the display off? The switch is between the rewind knob and left side on the prism.

Gump
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 06:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Krp, Truth be told, I didn't even realize that it was an option to turn the display off. I have been without a manual for ages. My daughter has the camera at the moment, I will look at it the instant she gets back.

If that turns out to be the problem, I may die of embarrassment. And then I will extend my Thanks. Perhaps I should alter that order though....

I'll let you know! Thanks

Gump
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 07:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, isn't my face red???
Turns out Krp nailed it!!
I now recall playing with said switch that afternoon, for reasons that I don't recall.

All is good!! Thank you Krp.... You rock!!!

Krp
Tinkerer
Username: Krp

Post Number: 41

Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 01:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You are Welcome.

Best regards, Kevin

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration