Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Exa/Exakta mount-- any way to use it ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Exa/Exakta mount-- any way to use it with my K-mount SLR? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John_scott
Tinkerer
Username: John_scott

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 09:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm considering buying a Flektogon lens with what is described as a Exa/Exakta mount (3-lug bayonet), but I'm wondering if it's possible to get an adapter to mount it on my K-mount SLR? Any tips? Any tips on what to call such an adapter or where to find one? Thanks!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 58

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 07:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi John: I have adapted exakta lenses to a minolta but with massive remilling and using an old sr mount from a lense. Not worth the trouble, even with and adapter it may not focus to infinity, it all depends on the focus distance from the rear element to the film plane..I have adapted a tessar to sr mount just for the novelty of it...also the lense is used in manual stop down...Don

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration