Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Remove Nikon F2 top cover Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Remove Nikon F2 top cover « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Danny666
Tinkerer
Username: Danny666

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I am new here. It's great to find this wonderful site. I do need help to remove the top cover of Nikon F2.

1.When you unscrew the release button collar, is it clockwise or counterclockwise?
2.How to remove the film rewind mechanism/right top cover?

Any help is appreciated.

Aford
Tinkerer
Username: Aford

Post Number: 15

Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 09:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you go here you can download a F2 Service manual that may help you.

http://www.ss-it.de/arcticwolf/nikon/service.htm

Be aware that the Nikon F2 is a top quality professional camera and very complicated inside, if I was you I would rather send it to a repair shop.

You don't say what the problem is with your camera but before trying to remove the RH cover I would suggest you try dripping some lighter fuel into the top collar, this sometimes gets things working again.

Good luck - Alf

Gazalou
Tinkerer
Username: Gazalou

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 07:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Dany,
1 - The release button Collar is released counterclockwise.
2 - You Have to Remove the black plate on the left top, the one with an arrow. It's just Stuck. Personaly I use a needle and a thin blade.
Hope this helps.

Frank_linkh
Tinkerer
Username: Frank_linkh

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 02:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Nikon F2 that has a stuck film advance lever,The shutter is not cocked. No film in camera. I removed the bottom plate to look around but now it's time to ask for advice. Thanks,FL

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration