Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleiflex SL35 remove top cover Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Rolleiflex SL35 remove top cover « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jwong
Tinkerer
Username: Jwong

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 08:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would like to remove the top-cover to investigate Film advance lever malfunction on my Rolleiflex SL35. I was able to remover the shutter speed dial but not the screw on top of the film advance lever.
Could anyone advise it is a right or left hand screw.

many thanks

Rollei35guy
Tinkerer
Username: Rollei35guy

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 05:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

on the SL35 the film advance lever cap is a right hand screw (turn counter clock wise to loosen). There are two holes in the top. I use a pair of snap ring pliers.

Streetlife
Tinkerer
Username: Streetlife

Post Number: 17

Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 04:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all. Anyone know how to remove the plug? Button? Cap? from the winder arm on a Vivitar V3000s. Looks identical to my K100(Cosina)Centon. Many thanks.
Scott.

Jwong
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 07:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Rollei35Guy,

Thanks, I tried but I was not able to loosen it turning clockwise. Maybe I didn't try hard enough, but I am worrying it may make scratches on the cap. Is there any hints to make the work easy?

Many thanks,

Nikos
Tinkerer
Username: Nikos

Post Number: 8

Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jwong be careful. Rollei35guy wrote that the the cap is a RIGHT HAND SCREW, that is, it screws like most screws. In order to loosen it you have to turn it counterclockwise (or anticlockwise) like opening a water faucet. What you have been trying to do is to tighten it.

Rollei35guy
Tinkerer
Username: Rollei35guy

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 04:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes! Be careful! It's fairly robust so I don't think there is much risk in stripping it. But it will be much harder to remove now.

The snap ring pliers work ok but there is a risk of scraping. You could fashion a removal tool with 2 points for the cap. Or find a small spanner.

Once that is off your next challenge will be the shutter speed/film speed dial. It's a spring loaded stack of dials fastened with a round, slotted cylinder. The shutter button goes through this. I set the shutter speed to B and ASA 100 before disassembling.

Consider getting a service manual. John Craig (www.craigcamera.com) has a back issue of the Camera Craftsman with an article on the SL35. Also there are scans of this article and the factory manual floating around. Don't pay more than 6 or 10 bucks for them however.

Jwong
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 10:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Rollie35guy and Nikos,

Thanks for the advices. I have been trying anticlock wise all the time. Just back from a trip and tried again last night. Still it is so tight that I cannot loosen it by either a spanner or a snap ring pliers. I think I will give it to the professionals to work on it.

Anyway, thanks for all your help and time.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration