Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Asahi Pentax K1000 Film Advance Jam Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Asahi Pentax K1000 Film Advance Jam « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chogori
Tinkerer
Username: Chogori

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 10:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone,
The film advance lever on my K1000 seems to be jammed. I was 4 pictures into a roll of film, when all of a sudden I couldn't advance the film to take the next picture.
I thought at first that it might just be a film jam, so I pushed the film release/rewind button, rewound the film to the beginning and opened up the camera, only to discover that everything was ok.
However, the film advance lever still won't work, and the rewind button is now depressed. And the shutter button also has no effect.
The lightmeter works, so I think the battery is ok.
I've seen several posts here about jammed film levers, but haven't found anything that's helped my problem.
Any thoughts?
Where can I find instructions about how to remove the base and top plates for a look around?
Thanks!
Jesse
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 327

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 03:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's possible that a screw might have come loose and fallen into the gears and jammed it... pretty hard to say without having a look inside.

There are 3 different series of K1000 which differ slightly in disassembly. The first is very similar to the Spotmatic notes at http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-113.html; I have notes for the first and second type that I can email to you. I have never worked on the last series that has, I think, a plastic top cover.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration