Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Need advice for buying digital camera Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Need advice for buying digital camera « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jennyyu
Tinkerer
Username: Jennyyu

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 02:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello,guys.Does anyone have experiece on digital camera? I'm looking for something not too expensive. I love travelling,so i need one to take photos of landscapes, architecture and people. Is this one on http://www.sourcingmap.com/protax-inch-ltps-lcd-screen-mega-pixel-cmos-digital-c ameratdcdv7-zkxdv71-black-p-6779.html okay? any advice will be appreciated!

Canuck_curt
Tinkerer
Username: Canuck_curt

Post Number: 11

Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 04:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since this is a "Classic camera " forum I doubt you'll get many responses.

Phobos
Tinkerer
Username: Phobos

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 07:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check out www.dpreview.com

Spotomatic
Tinkerer
Username: Spotomatic

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 01:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Canon Ixus is as tough as old boots, good for travelling and has taken thousands of pictures. I've also got a Canon 300D. Horses for courses really, as I also have 2 Pentax, a Leica IIIa and a Bronica. I buy a sell cameras for a hobby and it's heartbreaking to see how little some of the classics are worth. On the plus side, it makes 'em cheap to collect

Maheanuu
Tinkerer
Username: Maheanuu

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 08:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have 3 digitals, 2 Nikons, a D70 and a D200 and a Minolta Dimage7i.. I also own and use 2 Olympus OM-10's and a Minolta Maxxum 3xi, a Canon AE1 Program, and a Zeiss Ikon Favorit and have additional lenses for allbut the Zeiss.. All are wonderful in their own ways, and I will pass them all on to my grandson for him to pass on to his children later... At present he is using the Minolta Dimage as the learner as it is a lot cheaper than trying to learn with a film camera. I have taught him the basics, and have him shooting everything in manual as the composition makes you stop and think a bit before you shoot, and usually you can recompose, change apature, sshutter and immediatly see the differences in the shots... Living in Tahiti, film and developing costs about $30.00 a roll. As you probably can see, the price of film and processing is prohibitive to the point of paying for the digital in less than 10 rolls of film...

My wife uses a Kodak Easy Share C703 and loves it. The autofocus capture is quite fast and she uses it at home daily... It was very reasonable and has a very good element, 7.1 mp. Which is more than enough to produce some very good enlargements if you set it up in the fine mode. We bought this camera for her on her last trip up here for $129.00 with docking station and software...

Nikos
Tinkerer
Username: Nikos

Post Number: 9

Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 03:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would suggest that you get a digital camera with as many digits as you can digitally afford. I have a Leica R3, a Topcon RE Super, a few Minoltas including an XE-7, and an XD-11. My latest acquisition is a Chinon CE II Memotron and I am very happy with it. If you live in Tahiti you might want to consider doing your own processing so you can save some money. Try not to let phobos of expenditure influence your choice. In my opinion, digitally wise, MF Minoltas are the best value for the money.

I hope this helps.

My best digital regards.

Nikos

Nikos
Tinkerer
Username: Nikos

Post Number: 10

Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 03:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By the way, you are not to need any docking stations or software with the cameras I mentioned.

As an aside this thread reminds me of a colleague in Greece. He has a big sign over his desk: "Idiots are invincible"

Digitally yours,

Nicholas

P.S. Don’t ever let phobos influence your actions

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 58

Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 03:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The only digital I got was a prostate exam.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration