Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh XR-2s - how to release door? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Ricoh XR-2s - how to release door? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tjod
Tinkerer
Username: Tjod

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 06:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Practicing with a Rich XR-2s today and managed to close the door after removing the winder assembly. Now I Have a closed door and no release mechanism from the outside.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can release the door latch ?

FWIW, I already yelled at myself for forgetting to take the door off, but feel free to remind me, as it has not yet sunk in... 8-)

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 335

Posted on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 08:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Reach in the hole with a small hook. I use a crochet hook, but you can make one from a paper clip if you don't have one of those handy. Feel around for something you can pull up on, particularly on the side of the hole nearest the end of the camera. when the hook catches on something, pull up firmly. keep trying, you'll get it.

Tjod
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 08:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've tried that with a few hook-type tools, but not the crochet hook. Maybe that will give a better surface. Thanks!

Tjod
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 09:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That worked. Finally got the right shaped tool in there.

Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration