Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Calling Pablo Martinez Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Calling Pablo Martinez « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alex
Tinkerer
Username: Alex

Post Number: 41

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 07:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://tinyurl.com/yslzzg

Would this defeat even your skills?!

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 72

Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 08:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Someone must be able to make a use of it as it's got three bids...

I know the following should really go in "Swaps", but it's just Pablo's sort of thing, and while we are talking about him I might as well.

If you see this, Pablo, is a Foth Derby of any interest to you? I have a thoroughly b******d one that I will never get a chance even to smarten up. On the other hand, it seems to be nearly all there, the lens looks OK (dirt allowing) and, although stored somewhere horribly damp, it was stored closed so the bellows are OK. The shutter is definitely kaput, with one broken blind. Yours for cost of postage? If anyone else is interested, add a note and I'll give you first refusal if Pablo isn't interested. Expect it to weigh about a kilo after thorough packaging, and to be coming from Great Britain, if that helps to give an idea of cost?

Adrian

Pablomartinez
Tinkerer
Username: Pablomartinez

Post Number: 76

Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 09:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry guys but i missed that camera!

I was on vacation, I started a new job and I'm doing some work at home (it was flooded). That meant no computer for more than a month.

71 dollars for that contax, sorry, for that pile of rust, is something quite difficult to justify in front of my wife but I think that somehow I would had tried to have it.

Adrian, thanks a lot for your offering. I do want your camera. I'll fix it and it will have a place of honor in my web.

I sent you an email about the camera.

see ya!

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 79

Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 08:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On its way to Pablo just as soon as I find the right sized box...

(by the way, you need to look at the Minolta Maxxum thread in "Maintenace..." at the moment!)

Adrian

Petercat
Tinkerer
Username: Petercat

Post Number: 14

Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe he bought it for the repaintable black body panels? Will we soon see an "original" black Contax for sale at a higher price than the chrome one which didn't sell earlier?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration