Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Petri FTEE SLR Fully Automatic - HELP Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Petri FTEE SLR Fully Automatic - HELP « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dipelli
Tinkerer
Username: Dipelli

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 11:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey everyone, I can really use somebody's help!
I just came across my family's Petri FTEE camera and it's just as good as new, with one annoying exception: the rewind dial won't open up the back, we have to carefully move a small metal piece within the crease to open it instead.
Does anyone know why this is, or how to fix it??
[Also, does it need the battery to be able to open it using the rewind dial? it shouldn't since it's fully manual but I don't know...]
Help is much appreciated!
-dipelli

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 54

Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 05:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very few Petris open with the rewind dial. Most (including this one) open with a pull out as you have described. What you describe is the normal method of opening the back.

Alanstarkie2001
Tinkerer
Username: Alanstarkie2001

Post Number: 8

Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 02:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I used to own a Petri FTEE in the 1970's and really loved the camera. Shutter speed priority metering so you will need a battery to use the metering and EE functions.

Without a battery you'll need to use it on manual and use a light meter. Enjoy!

Verduzcor
Tinkerer
Username: Verduzcor

Post Number: 1

Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 08:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just owned one, has the winding lever blocked and the lens is alike, I wonder to fix them, but will need help from some great repairman with experience on Petri, if some of you has an exploded view of the FTee will help a lot, or if know how to begin to repare it plese let me know. Gracias amigos.

Verduzcor
Tinkerer
Username: Verduzcor

Post Number: 4

Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 07:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, here again, about the lens with rings blocked, finally foun how to fix it, works well.
Began with the front name ring, unscrew counterclockwise, (i can't messure the infinity position, so had big effort to find the right one), from the front can see three smoll screws, take a snapshot for future adjustments. With this ring the entire lens is armed around, mark the entry of each reel of big tread and small tread, save future effort. I found the big aluminum reel was stuck to te midle one. Separated them with a small plier, then cleaned all in fresh grease dissolvent. Put some high temperature molibdenum grease and rearmed.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration