Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Need help with shutter tester Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Need help with shutter tester « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lucas
Tinkerer
Username: Lucas

Post Number: 47

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Perhaps someone has the manual or has spent enough hours behind one to be able to explain to me how it works? Unfortunately the folder marked "manual" that came with it is empty............

Lucas
Tinkerer

Post Number: 48

Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 01:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any ideas or suggestions?

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 456

Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 08:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi Lucas!

i think you're getting the proverbial blank stare here.... probably nothing for it but to power it up and start poking buttons and see what you can figure out. i'm guessing that basically you've got an oscilloscope that will trigger when it sees light through the shutter and the curve will plot light intensity against time across the screen. there may be a knob to adjust the location of the pulse so that the start point lines up with a reference index on the screen. once you get it running, you read off the speed by looking at the painted line where the pulse curve drops off. there are different time scale settings for different ranges of speeds. A bit of experimenting with a known good shutter should work out the details.......

Lucas
Tinkerer

Post Number: 49

Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 03:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The screen is blank and there are transparencies that fit a slot in front of the screen. There are so many combinations to calibrate and set a zero it is mindboggling. With it came transparencies that allow you to check shutter synchronisation with almost every type of flashbulb ever produced.......
It must be able to help you diagnose all kinds of shutter problems, if only the map marked user's manual weren't empty............

Rlc
Tinkerer
Username: Rlc

Post Number: 36

Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 10:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lucas check to see if there is a data plate on the item. If you find the manufacturer and model# you may Google for an address or phone# and request an operational manual for it.
Hope this helps. Richard.

Lucas
Tinkerer

Post Number: 51

Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 02:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, that might be an idea. I tried National Camera but they do not have a manual for it.

Stumedic
Tinkerer
Username: Stumedic

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 05:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try craigcamera.com

Bobcorp
Tinkerer
Username: Bobcorp

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 09:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NatCam has been defunct since 1984.
I have the manual, but this screwy Web based message forum is so uncompatable with Unix I'm giving up.
Read NatCam Manuals 327 and 442 for operating procedures, otherwise just operate it as a weird 'scope.

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 243

Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 06:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nowt screwy on this forum. I am sure Lucas will find your NatCam ref numbers most useful in his search.

Lucas
Tinkerer

Post Number: 52

Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 03:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bob, do you know where I can get ahold of those manuals? The only reference I can find to them and the mention of a shutterspeed tester is from a 2002 posting by you, so I come full circle.......

Lucas
Tinkerer

Post Number: 53

Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 06:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A friend of mine has built me a PC soundcard shutter speed tester...............I would still like to know how this one works. Anyone?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration