Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OM-1 Shutter Tapering Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » OM-1 Shutter Tapering « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

R_a_feldman
Tinkerer
Username: R_a_feldman

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 03:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently got an early Olympus OM-1 (pre-MD) that shows shutter tapering at 1/1000 second. Slower speeds are fine, and don't show any banding or exposure gradation. At 1/1000, however, about 90% of the frame is dark.

My question is, how can I go about cleaning the shutter? I have looked at several of the OM-1 repair manuals on the Web, but have not found anything specific to fixing shutter tapering.

BTW, I have already removed all of the prism foam, which was starting to damage the prism, and fixed the corroded battery wire.

Thanks,
Bob
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thuggins
Tinkerer
Username: Thuggins

Post Number: 14

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 06:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would be hard pressed to dig into the shutter mechanism just for that. It is my understanding that it is fairy delicate. 1/1000 second isn't a shutter speed that gets used very often, especially on an OM-1

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration