Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Removal of front glass Ricoh 50mm lens Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Removal of front glass Ricoh 50mm lens « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Crutch
Tinkerer
Username: Crutch

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 02:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to remove the front glass of a Ricoh 50mm lens so that i can clean the back side. The camera is a Ricoh KR-5 Super. I have another Ricoh 50mm that has two holes for a span (?) wrench close to the filter threads, but on this lens, I see no such holes. Just a bad mistake, or is there another way to remove the lens? tnaks -carl
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 479

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 04, 2008 - 04:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't seem to have any sketches on it, but on the later Ricoh lenses the whole front end is one piece of plastic held on by set screws in the side of the barrel in front of the focus ring. remove these and the whole front cover just lifts off, threads, ID ring and all.

I discovered this one day many years ago when using a heavy fisheye attachment on a 50/1.7, the weight of the attachment pulled the front end off of the lens (luckily i caught it before it hit the ground)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration