Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujica Zoom 8 Deluxe Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Fujica Zoom 8 Deluxe « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Standard8
Tinkerer
Username: Standard8

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 04, 2008 - 07:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have two of these standard 8 cine cameras and the zoom on both cameras doesn't work. at first i though i was doing something wrong but the instruction manual is very simple so it seems i am just unlucky. the camera is battery operated and when pressing the zoom buttons on either camera nothing happens. everything else works fine.

i have tried taking one of the cameras apart to find the problem but cannot get into where the zoom buttons are.

does anyone know anything about these cameras or where i could send them for repair?

thanks

Mark
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mndean
Tinkerer
Username: Mndean

Post Number: 37

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 04, 2008 - 08:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You mean that neither camera allows you to zoom manually? Every power-zoom standard 8 I've run across has allowed for manual zooming (though I know only of Yashica, Minolta, Konica and Canon standard 8s). If you really insist on power zoom, maybe you should look for another camera (which will certainly cost far less than any repair) as I doubt that it'll be easy to find someone to work on your Fujica.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration