Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM-1 Vs. OM-1(n) ...? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Olympus OM-1 Vs. OM-1(n) ...? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mprezioso
Tinkerer
Username: Mprezioso

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am sure this question to many will sound rather silly, but here we go nevertheless... Basically, I would like to know if there is any difference from the Olympus OM-1 and Olympus OM-1(N). I was downloading the manual for the OM-1 on the Olympus America website. The manual for the OM-1 is free, whereas the one for the OM-1(N) will have you charged of 10USD.
Blimey, my camera says OM-1(MD) which stands for motor drive (that much I know!)
I just had no idea of this (N) thing. Help anyone?

Cheers,

Matteo
Essex, UK

Rlc
Tinkerer
Username: Rlc

Post Number: 37

Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Matteo; The Olympus OM-1N is the last in the OM series. It is the same as the Om-1 with the exception that it uses the accessory shoe 4.
With the 4 shoe installed (and a dedicated flash unit used) a flash ready light will appear in the view finder when flash is charged.
Yes the MD designates "Motor Drive".
Olympus Fan, Richard.

Rlc
Tinkerer
Username: Rlc

Post Number: 39

Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2008 - 01:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Correction to last post:
I meant to say "Last in the OM-1 series"
Richard.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration