Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax M-series: selector dial lock Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Pentax M-series: selector dial lock « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Desertpete01
Tinkerer
Username: Desertpete01

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2008 - 04:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually it's a Super Program, but both it and the Pgm Plus, and many of the M-series cameras have this feature. Mine is just about impossible to release - I press and press on it and nothing happens, hence I can't turn the dial. Is there an easy fix, or are these interchangeable (I also have a Program Plus, which I don't like as much). Alternately, is there a way to just disable the lock mechanism, so it will go into and out of all modes without locking? TIA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 482

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2008 - 05:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have notes on that, but I do have notes for removing the whole top cover from the Program Plus - hopefully from there you can fix or disable the lockout. Removing the top cover is pretty straight forward - 2 screws to remove the Pentax nameplate from the front, 3 screws on top (I think one is hidden under the rewind knob stuff), unscrew the rewind knob and a spanner nut underneath to lift off that dial.... pull a screw from the bottom of the wind lever to get the plastic fascia off of it. Note: the spanner nut on top of the wind lever is a LEFT HAND thread. Once all that's off, the cover just lifts off... the mode dial and SS buttons come with it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration