Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ikonta Bellows Replacement Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Ikonta Bellows Replacement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Frankl
Tinkerer
Username: Frankl

Post Number: 32

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 07:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All...
I have an Ikonta 521/2 6X9 folder and am trying to figure out how to replace the bellows. Can anyone describe how the rear of the bellows is attached and removal of the frame or, direct me to the answer. I am sure this has been an issue in the past but, I have "searched" the web for days, with no luck. Thank you.
Frank

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer
Username: Fallisphoto

Post Number: 52

Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 06:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Never did this with an Ikonta, but have done it with several similar folders. First thing is to peel back the leatherette on either side of the hinged door on the front. See two brass rivets under the leatherette? Well, you'll have to drill them out. On some cameras (Agfa Billy, for example) you will also have to remove the tripod lug. After you have done this, open the back of the camera and the metal plate covering the back of the bellows should wiggle out. It often is stuck top and bottom with dried paint, so it can take some serious wiggling. A ring nut is holding the front of the bellows to the front standard; you'll have to remove that. Finally, the old bellows is glued in at the back and you will have some peeling and scraping to do to get it out. To install new bellows, pretty much reverse the procedure. Glue new bellows in, reattach ring nut, rivet camera back together, and etcetera.

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer
Username: Fallisphoto

Post Number: 53

Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 07:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, I forgot to mention it, but be prepared to replace the leatherette. I'm not sure what Zeiss uses but on some Agfa cameras the "leatherette" is something like painted fabric, with the leather texture molded into the paint. The paint crumbles to dust as you peel it off.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration