Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus Pen S (28/3.5 model) Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Olympus Pen S (28/3.5 model) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Monochromes
Tinkerer
Username: Monochromes

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 11, 2008 - 05:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I've got a Olympus Pen S that has one problem. Only every second frame is exposed. The advance lever/wheel doesn't stop until two frames have passed, rather than one. Quite annoying to get 36 pictures out of putative 72 on a roll...
Anyone out there, that knows if this is repairable or not? Any suggestions what to look at?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aford
Tinkerer
Username: Aford

Post Number: 28

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had the top cover off of my Olympus Pen to clean the viewfinder a few weeks ago but I cannot remember exactly how the film advance worked as I did not make any notes. I do remember a couple of things. There are two pawls that have to be pulled back out of the way with a short length of thread as the large gear is re-assembled (this may be the problem).

To remove the top cover beware the screw holding the frame counter has a left hand thread!!! and there is a screw located under the accessary shoe, prise the thin base plate up (from the lens end) and slide it out of the shoe. The two strap lugs are non-removable. There are a few spacers and springs inside so make a sketch of where they go.

Regards - Alf

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration