Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SR2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Minolta SR2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Minoltajse
Tinkerer
Username: Minoltajse

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 11, 2008 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone know if I can use a Minolta SR 7, 1, or 3 for parts for my Minolta SR 2, especially the prism?

Also where do I get a repair manual for the SR2 (a reprint is fine)? I have tried searching the internet but haven't found anything.

Thanks for any your help.

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 235

Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 03:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AFAIK there were alterations of parts during production of each of those cameras, so it depeds on what batch the cameras belong to, with a bit of luck parts are interchangeable.
I once saw a genealogy list of all SLRs ever made by Min on the net, unfortunately I cannot give you a link, maybe somebody else has more details to offer, W.

Minoltajse
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, January 14, 2008 - 12:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What about a SR2 repair manual?

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 238

Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 02:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The only free repair manual I know of is the SR-T 101 service manual: http://bowman.iespana.es/minoling02.html . I do not know if this is of any help.

Mndean
Tinkerer
Username: Mndean

Post Number: 38

Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 03:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What I can advise you regarding prisms is that the best parts camera would be another SR2. The problem is that the SR2 is highly collectible and so you'll have a very difficult time finding a parts camera. The SR3 is similar, it shows up for sale rarely. SR1 and SR7 examples are much easier to find, but you must be careful not to buy a later model one where they changed the body to be like the SR-T line of cameras. The appearance of them is different enough to be easy to ID. The prism would likely be the same for any of the early models, but the rest of the camera is a very different proposition. They made many running changes in the early SRs, the most notable being with auto diaphragm linkages. The website below has a list of running changes for each model:
http://members.aol.com/manualminolta/minslr.htm

Minoltajse
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks very much, this will be a great help.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration