Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

More questions on the FTb Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » More questions on the FTb « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dragunov
Tinkerer
Username: Dragunov

Post Number: 28

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i got another FTb body (yay!) but it's busted... with the lightmeter. it responds, but isn't terribly accurate AFAIK. maybe it was just a problem with the rack and pinion thing...

so i figured i should fix that (or try) and CLA it. i get the C and the L, but how do i adjust the speeds if they're off? did i miss something in camera repair bible?

more questions...
to remove the mirror cage, i need to remove the lightmeter right?

is the screw on the DoF/timer knob clockwise or anticlockwise?

how do you remove the door? i detached the QL cover from the door but not the door itself...

is the correcting lens easy to scratch?

anything that should be mentioned before i take the mirror cage out?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dragunov
Tinkerer
Username: Dragunov

Post Number: 29

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 14, 2008 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

wow... i solved everything except for A in CLA which i still can't figure out. o well. more fiddling, and a C and L it will hopefully get.

if anyone's interested, i can give instructions or even write an article on the disassembly so far. and i've got more than a few pics...

ok, one more thing: two tiny brass washers fell out of the self timer/everything assembly. where do they go?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration