Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Spec of dust underneath the lens? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Spec of dust underneath the lens? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

C627627
Tinkerer
Username: C627627

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 14, 2008 - 07:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please take a look at these pictures, there appears to be a spec of dust or something similar underneath the lens, what do people do when this happens? It's a Canon PowerShot A610.
Dust Under Lens 1Dust Under Lens 2

Itsreallydarren
Tinkerer
Username: Itsreallydarren

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, January 14, 2008 - 07:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If its underneath the lens and a few bursts of compressed air cant remove it, its proboably going to be more of a pain to remove it than what its worth. Try shooting at a gray or white wall to see if there is a spot or speck in your pictures. If you cant find anything, then dont worry! A small piece of dust isnt something to worry too much about.

C627627
Tinkerer
Username: C627627

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 02:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Got my air can out to follow your advice and wouldn't you know it, whatever it was, it's gone! The camera was used last night so whatever it was must have fallen back in somewhere. What do you use to clean the outside of the lens?

I know I can't use any liquid whatsoever on my Plasma screen for example. Only dry lint free cloth works. What do you use?

Itsreallydarren
Tinkerer
Username: Itsreallydarren

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 03:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I usually use a lens cleaning solution. They can be found pretty cheap at camera stores, proboably even ones like Target or Walmart (Ive never looked but they might have them if they have a camera section).

I just put a few drops of the cleaning solution on a q-tip and wipe gently in a single direction, making my way down the from the top of the lens to the bottom.

I cant say for all camera screens but I just use a little alcohol and a q-tip to clean it. Thats what I do to clean mine, dont know any manufacturers have advised against it. So far it works just fine when my screen gets a little dirty. But simple breath and a clean tissue can do just as well.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration