Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

SRT- Minolta- lever removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » SRT- Minolta- lever removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Yago
Tinkerer
Username: Yago

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 14, 2008 - 07:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a srt201 Minolta,that a friend gave me. It tried to take it apart. The exposure neddle does not move. I fix the battery. There is something lodge at the needle. I need to take top section off. The only thing left is the film advance lever. How does this come off. Can anyone help. Or let me know where i can get a exploded view of camera. Thanks!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 239

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 03:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Removal of the top of an SR-T is not too difficult: the chrome ring around the release button is a screwcap, it comes off with a rubber friction tool. The rewind knob can be screwed off as a whole while stopping the fork of its shaft from turning. Underneath the knob there is a retainer nut with two notches, then there are two more crosshead screws on the back. Taking off the speed control knob is done by unscrewing its dial (set it to 6400 ASA, "B"), it can then be lifted off (dial, rack, spiral spring). Attention: reassembly is NOT so easy. One is strongly advised not to turn the camera upside down with its top cap off, as without any precautions one of the strings plus the guide pulley tend to fall off!

Please note that an SR-T is definitely NOT an object for one's first tinkering job.

You can take a look at the exploded view illustrations of what to expect to find inside the camera body (service manual of the SR-T 101) here
http://bowman.iespana.es/minoling02.html and then decide if you want to proceed dismantling your SLR.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration