Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujifilm A900... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Fujifilm A900... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Undefined89
Tinkerer
Username: Undefined89

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 08:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was wondering if anybody knows a thing or two about lcd screens. I have a Fujifilm Finepix a900 that recently has suffered from a broken screen. I was wondering if I could replace it with a Fujifilm Finepix f20? They both have a 2.5 inch lcd and are around the same size/structure in general. does anybody know if this has a good chance of working out? Thank you for your time.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 254

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 06:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I doubt that you will get much info from this 'Classic Forum'. You will need to get hold of the manufacturer's individual part numbers for each item. If you then search the the repair spec sheets for each camera, you may find that the screens are the same item - Or Not!

Your broken screen illustrates perfectly why proper cameras have optical viewfinders. Sorry could not resist a dig at so called progress. However damaged LCD screens seem to form a large percentage of camera damage/breakdowns these days.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration