Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus Pen D - Blank negatives Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Olympus Pen D - Blank negatives « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Riz
Tinkerer
Username: Riz

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 01:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I have just bought an Olympus Pen D in excellent condition. I put the roll for testing, took few shots and got to know that the roll is blank. I have confirmed that shutter and aperture are working fine. What could be the problem? Did I make some problem in loading the film or there is some issue in film advance. I really have no idea.

I would be grateful if you let me know what could be the reason for this.

Take care and regards,

Rizwan

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 129

Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 09:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Riz, This has happened to me several times. If the end of the film is not fully placed in the slot in the winding spool, the camera counter will advance but no film is being pulled. Look to be sure the rewind spool is turning backwards when you advance the film.

Riz
Tinkerer
Username: Riz

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, January 18, 2008 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Charlie,

Exactly. What you stated was the reason! I was really afraid and sad by having a thought that it has got some serious issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

Regards,

Rizwan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration