Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

XD7 viewfinder LEDs behave strange Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » XD7 viewfinder LEDs behave strange « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Yvan
Tinkerer
Username: Yvan

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 03:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

I am using a good old XD7. I'm very much addicted to it as I'm using it since I was 12 years old and I know how to use it blindly. But recently I noticed a strange problem. When the shutter is cocked, the LEDs do not light up. So, there is just no information from the light meter. But the shutter can be released and I think that the exposure is correct (still need to develop the film though to be sure). So the camera still gets power as this is needed when not in B or O position. After release, the LEDs work just fine. But when I rewind the shutter, the LEDs are dead again. This is not always true. It seems to work sometimes and sometimes not. It have the impression that when the LEDs do light after shutter rewinding, that just letting the camera rest for a while is enough to make the problem reappear. I don't know if all this makes sense.
By the way, the battery power does not 'seem' to be the problem as I've switched them with a pair of others and the problem is still there. In addition, when the LEDs do work, keeping the release button half pressed for a while does not dim the LEDs.
Any help greatly appreciated as this camera is a little like a baby to me!

kind regards,

Yvan.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 73

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 06:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No LED's in any mode?

Most likely a dirty contact, probably the metering switch. But impossible to say just yet. If it's a switch it's possible that working (cycling) the camera many times may solve the problem. Otherwise it's surgery on a complex camera.

Mike

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration