Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

"JSOLETTE" Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » "JSOLETTE" « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Frankl
Tinkerer
Username: Frankl

Post Number: 39

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 09:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all...
I recently acquired an Isolette (Jsolette) and it is quite different than the others I have. The top cover is "cast" rather than stamped. It has double exposure prevention and an indicator just behind the shutter release that has a visable red indication when the shutter is fired. There is a small slide switch to the right of the shutter release button which, I am guessing is the shutter lock. The shutter button is on the right side (looking from the rear). the front door release is on the left. The film advance knob is one piece, cast and no mounting screw in the top. The top plate is held on with two screws located inside the film chamber. The front door has the Agfa logo in upper left, and "JSOLETTE" in lower center and below that "made in Germany".... There is no lens on this one but everything else is there and in excellent condition, including the leather bellows. My guess is that it's a pre war isolette with the German "I" as "J". My questions are; can anyone identify this, can anyone tell me how to remove the film advance knob and what was the standard lens on this camera. Thank you...
Frank

Barnum
Tinkerer
Username: Barnum

Post Number: 38

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!
Isolettes recorded as dual format 6x6/4.5x6cm horizontal folders. The 'J' on yours means little in terms of worth, being nothing more that 'I' in script. Robusit herringbone covering on some. Prewar have black plastic top plate/mask& finder for 4.5x6.
Post 1945-6x6cm only. 1945-50 has the cast aluminium top plate. 1950-60 has stamped metal top plate. Hope this is of interest.
Regards,
Barnum

Barnum
Tinkerer
Username: Barnum

Post Number: 39

Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!
I would have to dig my versions out to be absolutely sure, but the likelihood is that the rewind knob unscrews complete from the shaft. IE, hold the shaft and twist the knob. If I'm wrong, I'll dig an example out and have a look.
Regards,
Barnum

Frankl
Tinkerer
Username: Frankl

Post Number: 40

Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 03:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been searching and my best guess is that it may be a reverse thread affair. I have not put any "muscle" to it until I could confirm the proper "direction"... Thanks.
Frank

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration