Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujica AX-3 shutter releases when adv... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Fujica AX-3 shutter releases when advanceing film « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ree
Tinkerer
Username: Ree

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 04:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Fujica AX-3, and the trouble is that ever time I manually advance my film the shutter releases (click)as if I have taken a picture. Then of course the shutter button won't work, because the shutter has already been snapped. Can any one in lighten me as to what the problem might be. I am planning to take it in for repair, but am afraid that it will need something that I don't have (a part). I do have another AX-3 that I use for parts, but it doesn't have a working micro chip. I'm really hoping that this camera doesn't need that part. Thanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 85

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 07:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's a while since I pulled an AX3 apart - and I see I have no service photographs on archive. However - if you remove the baseplate and watch the action as you cock the shutter you will see a spring-loaded pawl which drops into the visible cam of the second curtain.
It is obviously not dropping into place. Probably nothing more needed than a microdot of oil on its pivot shaft.

Good luck.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration