Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Agfa Optima 1535 sensor electronic ra... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2008 » Agfa Optima 1535 sensor electronic rangefinder adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Reiner
Tinkerer
Username: Reiner

Post Number: 50

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 07:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have recently won two Agfa Optima 1535 sensor electronic's on the famous auction site. This is a rangefinder camera of 1979 which has an extraordinarily desinged black plastic body and a fine lens. One of the cameras arrived in excellent condition and in full working order. Everything was ok. The other one arrived in excellent codition and in working order too but the rangefinder was dejusted.

Does somebody know how to adjust the rangefinder of such a nice thing? Or perhaps somebody could give me a tip how to open the body. I am quite experienced with metall cameras but I have no experience with plastic bodies. I fear they might have snap-in or glued links.

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 130

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 09:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hope this is some help. http://cameras.alfredklomp.com/optima1535/ Scroll to the bottom.I have a Sensor modl with a flip flash but no rangefinder. Great to use but the lens has a silvery appearance and the negs all comeback with an overall, even fog.

Reiner
Tinkerer

Post Number: 51

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 09:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you for the Link. It is a good reference. But I fear I have to open the top anyway. It looks as if the rangefinder mirror is a bit loose. When the camera is moved a little the rangefinder patch swings. The good 1535 does not do that.

So, if somebody knows how to open an Agfa Optima 1535 please let me know it. I founde a japanese description with images but unfortunately the images alone are not sufficient and I can not read the text.

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 246

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 10:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Reiner, I do not know that Japanese site, but it usually is easy to use Google's language tool for a poor but instant translation from Japanese into (some sort of) English, W.

Reiner
Tinkerer

Post Number: 52

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 02:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Werner,

I have tried it with Google's translator. The result was funny but no usefull at all. It has even left some Japanese words written in Kanjis within the English text.

Surpriz2002
Tinkerer
Username: Surpriz2002

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 08:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Reiner,
attached you find an english text from Mr. Fiss on how to dismantle the 1535. In addition to the pictures from the japanese website you will be able to open the body. The point is that you first have to remove the complete lens/shutter unit before you can open the body. If you need more infos send me a mail. I have pictures of the procedure but can`t upload due to size.
Best wishes, Peter
application/msworddismantle 1535
How to get into an Agfa Optima xx35.doc (27.1 k)

Reiner
Tinkerer

Post Number: 60

Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 02:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Peter,

thank you your tips and for the valuable description of Erik Fiss. I know his excellent site. Why didn't I find this text? It contains a lot of details which are good to know before the dismantling of the 1535.

In the past weeks I had allready figured out the general line of the dismantling. Following the pictures on the japanese site I started to dismantle the camera until I understood that the complete lens and shutter unit are to be removed. At this point I stopped, reassembled everything and postponed this repair. I have currently several repair projects going on in parallel and I have to terminate some of them before I open a new one even more if this new one is so delicate.

Surpriz2002
Tinkerer
Username: Surpriz2002

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 04:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

some information regarding rangefinder adjusting

with regards, Peter
application/pdf1535 rangefinder adjusting
Adjusting the Agfa 1535 rangefinder pb.pdf (96.1 k)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration